- It is Time to Buy Beaten Down Healthcare Stocks
(September 29, 2015)
- How To Make A Double Trading 3xleveraged Gold Miner ETF In A Week
(September 4, 2015)
- Market Bounced. What is the Next? (August 30,2015)
- Has the Market Entered its Bear Phase? (August 23,2015)
- Signs of Market Weakness (July 12, 2015)
- JNUG - Doubled In Three Weeks (April 22, 2015)
- Gold via Fed Fund Interest Rate
- An Historical Prospect (March 8, 2015
- Crude Oil - Don't Be Too Optimistic (February 16, 2015)
- Gold - It May Have Topped (January 22, 2015)
- Our View On Coming Market Direction
(August 10, 14)
- In Search of the Next Multi-Baggers
(August 01, 14)
- Market Has Topped. Prepare for Market Correction
(September 22, 13)
- GLD - The Last Drop. Bought NUGT
(June 26, 13)
- GLD - Bottom Is In But Do Not Chase It
(June 02, 13)
- ReneSola Earnings Preview: What to Look For
(May 12, 13)
- Good Year for Our Short Term Play
(April 14, 13)
- The US Stock Market Will See New Highs in 2013
(January 02, 13)
- 10 Stocks That Could Be Doubled In Value During January Rally
(December 16, 12)
- Monthly Market Review And January Rally
(December 02, 12)
- Top 20 Gainers For The Week Of September 17 - 21, 2012
(September 17, 12)
- The Market - Will We See A Repeat Of 2008 Crash?
(June 26, 12)
- 2012 Will Be a Very Good Year for the US Stock Market
(January 02, 12)
- The Market Will Keep the Momentum in 2011
(January 15, 11)
- The Market Will Have a Good Run Over the Next Two Months
(August 22, 10)
- RAIT Financial Trust - Revisited
(August 14, 10)
- KKR Financial Holdings: A Value Investment Pick
(August 06, 10)
- Are We Going into Another Depression?
(July 05, 10)
- Why RAIT Financial Trust Looks Like a Comfy Investment
(Apr 23, 10)
- CELM - Not All Chinese ADRs Are the Same
(Apr 22, 10)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - PMI
(Mar 31, 10)
- Gold Prices for the Year of 2010 Revisited
(Mar 23, 10)
- The Near Term Outlook for Major Solar Stocks
(Mar 17, 10)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - Next Pick
(Feb 20, 10)
- The Near Term Trend for Chinese Solar Stocks
(Feb 11, 10)
- Where Will Gold Price be Heading for 2010
(Feb 06, 10)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - KFN
(Jan 05, 10)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - SANM
(Dec 07, 09)
- Will October's Market Minic September's Comeback?
(Oct 02, 09)
- Sinovac Biotech: Still Worth Owning?
(Sep 21, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - KFN
(Aug 31, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - GCI
(Aug 27, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - RTK
(Aug 19, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - AIG (Aug 08, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - MNI
(Aug 03, 09)
- Market Trend and Our Strategy to Pick Our Next Big Winners
(Jul 25, 09)
- Buying on Fear (Jul 07, 09)
- Hot Stock of the Day - FITB (May 11, 09)
- Hot Stock of the day - BAC
(May 09, 09)
- Hot Stock of the Day - BRCD (May 08, 09)
- Hot Stock of the Day - ASH (May 07, 09)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - MTL (Feb 01, 09)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - BK (Jan 17, 09)
- Don't Fall on the Trap of Short ETFs
(Jan 03, 09)
- How Long Will This US Stock Bear Market Last?
(Oct 13, 08)
- Once in a Century Financial Crisis Once in a
Lifetime Investment Opportunity
(Sep 26, 08)
- Buy Open Gap Down at Support
(Aug 26, 08)
Winning Strategy of Stock Picks
Market Trend and Our Strategy to Pick Our Next Big Winners
July 25 , 2009
Market keeps its non-stopping run. It is still one week away to end the trading for the month of July, but the S&P 500 already made a 6.52% gain so far this month. There should be no doubt that market will have a five consecutive monthly gains from March, 2009. See the table below:
The main reason for the runs are the improved cooperation earnings. So far there are 12% of S&P 500 companies reported their earnings. 90% were better than expected. Of course, we cannot say that the earnings are solid. Many include the gains from their one-time items. However most of the stocks still made good runs after earning reports as market had very low expectations on their results. Small surprises will be enough for the runs.
Looking forward, we expect that the market's recent run will continue.
Of course, the most important for us is looking for good stock to own not to look for market direction. The followings will be our six criteria to pick our next big winners:
- Current stock price is under $5.00
- Average daily trading volume is above one million shares.
- The stock was traded above $50 in 2007-2008 period.
- The company made a turnaround earning report: turned from a loss into a profit.
- The earnings should be sustainable.
- No bankruptcy is insight for the company.
Please remember, we will own the stock only when all the six conditions are met. If we find out any such stocks, it is very possible that a one dollar stock may become a ten dollar stock with two-three years.
If you missed the previous round of big runs from BAC, C, ZION, TEN, TRW, CAR, SAH, DDRX, STEC, etc, now is another rare chance to pick up the next 10-baggers.