Our Promise - Highest Service Quality with Lowest Service Fees.
The purpose of the Portfolio Plus Service is aimed at small investors, who have only few thousands dollars to invest but want to accumulate enough money in the long run for their retirement. Currently we provide two Portfolios
$5K Portfolio - This Portfolio is re-set back to $20,000 and started its current run from August 2014. We hope to grow it into $100,000 in 4 years. In our previous run, we started it on June 2009 with $5,000 seed money and grew it into over $60,000 by the end of July 2014.
- Can hold up to two stocks at any time;
- Maximum holding period is one month;
- Stop-loss is set to 10%;
- Hope to achieve 8%-10% return on each pick but will be quite happy with 4%-5% return as our goal to achieve 60% annual return or 5% monthly return;
- Candidate stocks are those with strong or improved fundamentals and pull backs from recent run or are about to break-out;
Core Portfolio - This Portfolio is re-set back to $300K and started its current run from August 2014. We hope to grow it into $1,000,000 in 4 years. In our previous run, we started it on February 2009 with $220K seed money and grew it into over $900K by the end of July 2014.
- Maximum holding period is four years
- We will try to dig out possible at least doubles before they fly.
- We will try to diversify our holdings. May include some speculative plays.
- Profit protection rule 1: If a stock gained over 7% after our initial buy, we will set trailing stop at half of its gains.
- Profit protection rule 2: If a stock gained over 60% after our buy, we will set trailing stop 10% below its price.
- Profit protection rule 3: If a stock gained over 100%, we will sell half of our position and let other half run.
- Exempt from the rules: If we feel a stock has huge future growth potential, we will hold it no matter how volatile it may be.
- Stop-loss: we do not set stop loss on our picks. Instead we may add positions from time to time on any of our buy if we believe the stock we picked has huge growth potential. We may also sell our picks if the fundamentals changed after our buy.
Cost - $600 per year, a 25% discount from our original $800/year.
Short Term Play - The Seerive is no longer available as day trade is not allowed for the IRA account.